Selina Sagayam is an English qualified lawyer in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Regarded as one of the leading public M&A advisers in the UK, Ms. Sagayam has advised on hostile, competitive and recommended takeovers. Her practice focuses on international corporate finance transactional work, including public and private M&A, joint ventures, international equity capital markets offerings and advisory work focused on corporate governance, shareholder activism and securities law advice. She also focusses on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) advisory matters.
Ms. Sagayam is also noted for her expertise in financial services and regulatory advice. She advises boards and senior management of international corporations, exchanges, regulators, investment banks, and financial sponsors (private equity and hedge funds) on such issues.
She has extensive experience in the City Code governing public takeovers in the UK and the European Takeovers Directive. She was seconded for two years to the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers, the key regulatory body governing public company acquisitions in the UK, and is regularly called upon as key adviser and commentator on UK and European takeovers.
Ms. Sagayam has earned a number of accolades in the course of her practice. She has been listed by Brummell Magazine for the 2018 Inspirational Women: City Pioneers and short-listed for CityLiveWire, M&A Advisors awards. She was named in the London Top 50 Women section of Super Lawyers UK 2013. She was also named in the Corporate section of The Lawyer “Hot 100” List for 2012. She was recommended as a leading lawyer in the field of Corporate/M&A by UK Legal Experts (2011-2012), recommended for Equity Capital Markets and Finance: Debt Capital Markets by Legal 500 UK 2013 and listed in the International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers 2010 and 2011. She was recognised as a “rising star” in the 2007 edition of the Legal 500 and British daily national newspaper The Times identified her in its listing of ten “Main Players in US Firms in London” (January 8, 2008). Based on recommendations, Ms. Sagayam was included in Legal Business’ 2012 ‘Fantasy Law Firm’ of the best City corporate lawyers outside the largest UK law firms and the global elite.
- Available nowThe latest developments in public M&A (2020)Corporate LawThis webinar looks at recent trends in UK public mergers and acquisitions, discussing transactions of note in 2020, taking a look ahead at the impact ...
- Available now(LIVE) Public M and A update (2019)Corporate LawIn this webinar, our corporate specialist examines the latest trends and key developments in mergers and acquisitions involving publicly traded companies.A full agenda will be ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.