Direct Access Tax Barrister
Patrick Cannon LL.B, BCL (Oxon) CTA (Fellow) is a tax barrister licensed by the Bar Standards Board to accept public access work and conduct litigation. He was previously a practising solicitor before being called to the Bar and is a former council member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation. Professional, licensed access and/or lay clients (as appropriate) may contact Patrick to obtain a quotation for legal services.
Patrick advises on and appears in civil and criminal tax disputes with HMRC, challenges to tax avoidance schemes and action against professional and other advisers who mis-sold aggressive tax avoidance schemes now subject to APNs and Follower Notices.
He is also a leading specialist in Stamp Duty Land Tax and related tax issues and his published works include the annual Tolley’s Stamp Taxes and Key Haven’s GAAR: A Practical Approach (3rd ed April, 2018).
Patrick Cannon’s pricing model is that he works on the basis of fixed fees for each stage of a job, agreed in advance.
Timescales to complete a piece of advice or work can be estimated at the request of each client, but this could be affected by factors such as the time taken by the court or tribunal to offer a hearing date, the availability of relevant documents, information or witnesses, the time taken by HMRC to respond to correspondence and also my availability due to client or other work commitments, holiday or illness.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £110+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.