David Southern QC
Temple Tax Chambers
David Southern was called to the Bar in 1982. He gained an thorough grounding of tax working for the Inland Revenue and later for Lloyds Bank before transferring to the Revenue Bar in 1997. This experience has given him a unique insight in to the approach of Government departments and the needs of commercial clients.
He regularly appears in a wide range of Tax Tribunals and Courts up to and including the European Court of Justice. His advisory work covers most areas of business and personal tax and clients include leading corporates, prominent individuals and political parties.
Drawing on his in depth knowledge of banking, David specialises in the VAT treatment of financial services. He also advises a number of National Charities on VAT issues and appeared in Crossroads Association v R & C Comrs TC/2009/14805 (First-tier Tribunal). He has extensive experience of VAT on commercial property transactions.
- 02 Apr202012:30The 4 quick fixes: 2020 EU VAT reform (2020)VAT and Indirect TaxViewing this webinar will help solicitors to meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of solicitor competence:A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge.A4 ...
- Available nowVAT and Tripartite arrangements in 2019VAT and Indirect TaxIn this webinar, our indirect tax specialist provides a masterclass on the latest developments in VAT and Tripartite arrangements. Topics discussed include:Tripartite arrangements and third ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £80+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.