Dan is a partner in Penningtons Manches' London office with an established white collar practice which encompasses commercial fraud, business crime and contentious financial regulation. He has been instructed in a number of high profile cases and conducts both claimant and defendant asset recovery litigation. He also represents clients facing investigation or prosecution brought by a range of regulators/authorities including the police, Trading Standards, the Financial Conduct Authority, Crown Prosecution Service, Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Agency, HM Revenue and Customs and the Department of Business Innovation and Skills.
Dan’s cases are often cross-border with an increasing emphasis on cyber security; he is a leading cyber security lawyer and assisted the Law Commission with its review of cyber security legislation. He authored Cyber Security Law and Practice: 2017, the first and only book to comprehensively cover the vast spectrum of cyber law. He also provides advice on financial hygiene and drafts and implements bespoke anti-bribery and corruption policies.
A co-editor of Modern Financial Regulation, a key professional reference work, his commentaries on financial regulation have been published in the quality press and broadcast on television and radio. He is recognised by The Legal 500, which describes him as ‘calm under pressure and skilled at managing the crossover between parallel civil and criminal proceedings’, ‘very experienced and sensible’ and ‘a lawyer of the highest calibre’.
No webinars found.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £75+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.