Constance McDonnell KC
Constance specialises in trust and probate disputes. She has appeared in a number of highly publicised cases, including Reeves v Drew (a probate dispute about the £100m estate of an illiterate testator). In 2016-17 she was Junior Counsel for the Respondent in the landmark case of Ilott v The Blue Cross in the UK Supreme Court. Constance acted for the successful respondent in the important case of Hirachand v Hirachand, in which the Court of Appeal determined in October 2021 that a CFA success fee can be recoverable as part of an award under the 1975 Act. Constance also has an international practice, and in 2022 appeared twice in the Bermuda Court of Appeal, obtaining a personal costs order against PRs who had departed from a position of neutrality.
Prior to taking Silk in 2019, Constance won the Chancery Junior of the Year award at the 2018 Chambers Bar Awards, and was recommended as a Star Individual in Chambers UK Bar Guide 2019 and High Net Worth Guide 2018. Constance has been nominated as ‘Barrister of the Year’ in the 2023 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards.
- Available nowJudge-led ADR (2023)Private Client Law and Practice x Serle Court Chambers|Private Client Law and PracticeIn this webinar about judge-led ADR, join Constance McDonnell KC in her discussion on the following:What is judge-led ADR?Early Neutral EvaluationFinancial Dispute Resolution hearingsPolicyPracticeWhat to ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £110+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.