Partner (Solicitor Advocate)
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP
Alaina is a partner and solicitor advocate in CMS’s Insurance and Reinsurance Group having trained at the firm and qualified in 2009. She is ranked as a Rising Star in Insurance Law by Super Lawyers and Expert Guides.
She specialises in advising on insurance and reinsurance disputes and coverage with a particular focus on healthcare, aviation and a broad range of professional negligence claims (particularly insurance brokers).
She regularly advises on heavy weight litigation matters as well as international and cross-border disputes, utilising her foreign language skills, and was involved in one of the largest negligence claims of recent years defending a leading broking house where the claims, valued at worth half a billion dollars, concerned an all risks policy placed into the specie market.
Alaina has completed three extended secondments; one as an aviation claims adjuster to a major insurer and aviation market lead and two to the legal teams of leading insurance brokers.
In addition to her contentious practice, Alaina advises on non-contentious insurance issues such as policy drafting and wording reviews and insurance contractual documentation such as coverholder arrangements, SLAs, TOBAs and broker transfers. Having undertaken numerous policy drafting and wording reviews and regularly spoken on the topic, Alaina is well versed in advising on the impact of the Consumer, Insurance and Enterprise Acts.
She is a contributing partner to the leading text Insurance Broking Practice and the Law.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £105+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.