Simmons & Simmons
Ed specialises in handling complex financial and regulatory disputes for financial institutions and advises clients on enforcement, default and counterparty disputes arising out of securitisations, structured products, asset financing (real estate and aviation) and derivatives.
He also represents clients on corruption and civil fraud related matters, notably in the area of suspected corrupt payments and is a member of the firm's Brexit team.
His recent work includes representing Deutsche Bank (Suisse) SA on a £55m real estate financing dispute before the UK Commercial Court, acting for a global investment bank on two cross border regulatory/criminal investigations in Italy and representing a financial institution on a substantial libel and damages claim concerning its tax structuring business in the US.
Ed qualified as an English solicitor in 1997. Before joining the Simmons & Simmons financial markets litigation practice in October 2012, he worked at two leading international law firms in the City.
Ed was elected President of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA) in March 2016 for a two year term. The LSLA was formed in 1952 and is one of the country's leading representative groups for litigation lawyers, with over 2200 members in London.
Ed is recommended by Chambers & Partners for banking litigation where he is described as "a litigation partner with a huge amount of experience of financial disputes", "extremely responsive" and at "pains to make client relationships work". Ed is also noted in The Legal 500 for 2011 as "a real force to be reckoned with".
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £70+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to one year after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.