Procurement, Public Law and Transformation Legal Director
"Clients say he is incredibly thorough and understands the difficulties and risks attached to new areas" Chambers 2012.
Extensive experience across a broad range of public sector related legal disciplines including:
- Public Sector and Local Governement Law
- Transformation and joint venture projects (including PFI and PPP)
- Commercial (including outsourcing, insourcing, construction, IT and other service contracts)
- Development/Regeneration Projects
- Highways (including rights of way, traffic orders, NRSWA, consents and orders)
- Planning and CPO
- Good client skills with experience of developing business using:
- Ability to build trusted advisor status
- Skills in developing proposals and tenders for public sector bodies
- The knowledge and understanding of local government and public sector.
Over 25 years experience as a public sector lawyer, including 12 years working in an in-house capacity culminating in position as the County Solicitor and head of Legal Services at Cardiff. Advised over 100 different public and quasi public bodies on a whole range of public law issues ranging from provision of written opinions concerning lawfulness of actions (such as completion of controversial project during purdah) to responding to judicial review challenges.
Led over 45 PFI/PPP and/or joint venture projects relating to energy and waste, highways, strategic partnerships, renewable energy, regeneration, leisure, care homes, housing, and other accommodation.
Provision of planning, procurement, commercial and public law support for over 60 other PFI/PPP and/or joint venture projects.
t for over 60 other PFI/PPP and/or joint venture projects.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.