Richard is a senior associate in the family team at the Bedford Row office.
He advises clients on a range of complex family law issues often involving foreign jurisdictions and offshore assets. These include resolving financial issues between couples on the breakdown of marriage or civil partnership, acting for family members who may have to intervene in the divorce of their children or other relations, advising unmarried parents on financial claims for their children, acting in private law children matters and pre- and post-nuptial agreement negotiations.
Richard is also an accredited expert in co-habitation matters, including declarations of trust and disputes between property owners (either family members or couples). He is able to use his background in civil litigation to good effect, as property disputes often fall outside the ambit of the Family Courts.
Richard takes a commercial approach to achieve cost effective and constructive solutions for his clients, whether in court, by direct negotiations between solicitors, mediation or arbitration.
Richard trained at an international law firm in London before qualifying as a commercial litigator in 2009. Having maintained an active interest in family law throughout his time in civil litigation, Richard took the opportunity to specialise in family law with Russell-Cooke, joining the firm in February 2012 and becoming a senior associate in 2018.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £80+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.