Womble Bond Dickinson
Patrick has practised both in the UK and overseas in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property law for 30 years and is recognised by the Legal 500 and Chambers as an expert and leading individual. Actively engaged in the sector, he sits as a Council Member for the UK for the Licensing Executives Society International, the global technology transfer forum and is also a past chairman of the Parallel Imports Committee of the International Trademarks Association.
Following the Vote Leave result, he sits on a working group of the Intellectual Property Lawyers Association reviewing the impact on domestic law, if the UK were to cease to be a member state of the European Union.
He has observer status before the Asian Patent Attorneys Association and is an associate member of The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.
Patrick is also the author of the chapter on entitlement in the Community Design Handbook.
He has managed many high-profile, substantial IP disputes in the UK and overseas and has been involved in some of the largest spin outs from UK universities. He has also been instrumental in formulating from scratch IP strategies and worldwide anti infringement campaigns for some leading corporations.
- Available nowGeographical indications (2020)Intellectual PropertyOur intellectual property specialists discuss the present state of the law regarding geographical indications in this webinar, covering topics including:Nature, elements, purpose and value.International frameworkProtection ...
- Available nowIntellectual property in construction (2018)Construction LawIntellectual Property touches on many areas of a construction lawyer's practice, and in this webinar our IP specialists discuss some key issues as they relate ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £80+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.