Omar is an experienced criminal litigator and advocate, with a strong background in defending serious and complex crime proceedings.
Omar joined BCL from a leading West End firm, and his criminal defence practice includes fraud and regulatory matters, violent crime, serious sexual offences, and motoring offences. He is an experienced Magistrates' Court advocate, appearing at all levels from the first hearing to appeals in the Crown Court. In addition, he has successfully challenged and overturned decisions of the police, prosecuting authorities and the lower courts by way of judicial review in the High Court. In the field of extradition he advises those subject to European Arrest Warrants, as well as those subject to extradition requests from countries that are not signatories to the EAW scheme.
Omar read European and International Law (LLB (Hons)) at The University of Sheffield, and at Lund University in Sweden. He is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales, the London Criminal Courts Solicitors' Association, the Extradition Lawyers' Association, the European Criminal Law Association, and the European Criminal Bar Association.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £75+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.