Nicholas conducts a mix of contract drafting, strategic project advice and dispute resolution work. He acts in a wide range of construction sectors in the UK and internationally, including general construction, transport, communications, industrial, process plant, petrochemical and energy. A solicitor advocate and chartered surveyor, his dual qualifications provide a layer of expertise that adds a practical level to his work.
Nicholas is noted by Chamber & Partners UK as “very energetic”, “a very charismatic lawyer”, “a strong practitioner with impressive market presence”, and according to sources is “rated highly within the industry” and has an “ability to pre-empt potential problems and provide advice in a clear manner that maintains the individual needs of clients”. In addition he is credited for his strong market presence in the Middle East and his talent for both contentious and transactional work.
The Legal 500 UK 2016 lists Nicholas in two sections: Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables) and as Mediator. The publication notes that “clients recommend the ‘eloquent’ Nicholas Gould, who has ‘excellent advocacy skills’”. According to the IBA’s Who’s Who Legal Construction he is “revered for his ‘excellent mind’”. The IBA’s International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers Today listed Nicholas as one of the ten most highly regarded individuals internationally for construction law, and in the top five for Europe. He regularly works in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £80+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.