Michael qualified as a solicitor in 2002. He is an expert in property litigation including landlord and tenant disputes, possession claims, squatter evictions, lease renewals, rent arrears, service charges, dilapidations, forfeiture of leases and breach of covenant, nuisance, boundary disputes, rent reviews, and adverse possession. He is particularly experienced in dealing with disputes involving unregistered land. In addition he deals with insolvency/bankruptcy matters, breach of contract claims, and commercial disputes.
Michael acted for the UK's biggest landlord for over ten years. He has also acted for major commercial landlords and commercial tenants, banks, insurance companies, and property developers.
Michael has litigated cases in the County Courts and First-Tier (Property) Tribunal, in the High Court, and at Arbitration. Michael is also skilled at avoiding or minimising disputes, to reduce costs and stress. Lawyers should solve disputes, not get in the way. He has extensive expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation, and regularly represents clients at mediation.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.