Laura is an English-qualified solicitor and Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings). Laura’s practice focuses on contentious and non-contentious aspects of public international law (PIL) and international arbitration. Laura is identified as a recommended lawyer in the dispute resolution / PIL and international arbitration categories of The Legal 500 UK 2021, and was included in the inaugural Lawdragon Global Litigation 500 in February 2021 for her expertise in PIL.
Laura has experience representing companies and States in disputes across many industries, including: banking; gaming; hospitality; manufacturing; oil and gas; petrochemicals; pharmaceuticals; and private equity. She advises on a wide range of PIL issues, including international investment law, State immunity and the immunity of international organisations; international human rights law; international humanitarian law; the law of the sea; statehood and sovereignty issues; treaty interpretation; and UN procedure. She has acted for both claimant investors and respondent States in complex and high-value international investment arbitrations under all of the major arbitral rules (ICSID, SCC, UNCITRAL). She has acted as counsel in ad hoc inter-State proceedings conducted under the auspices of the Permanent Court of Arbitration. Laura also regularly advises on PIL issues before domestic courts (including, in particular, State immunity issues, recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards, and set-aside proceedings), and is currently advising a client defending set-aside proceedings in which a reference has been made to the CJEU.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.