Jonathan originally qualified as a transactional lawyer but has spent the past 10 years advising financial institutions in complex and high value litigation. He therefore appreciates the commercial aspects of dispute resolution more than many trial lawyers and is keen to utilise the benefits of ADR at the earliest appropriate opportunity. As such he has extensive experience of the benefits of mediation in resolving disputes.
His experience covers allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, professional negligence, breach of retainer and breach of trust. Jonathan has acted for lender clients on several complex commercial property valuation cases and also multi-transaction fraud investigations; some of which are among the largest frauds to have hit the sector with two separate investigations taking in over 700 and 1,000 mortgage transactions respectively. He has worked with those clients to help them recover several million pounds of fraudulently obtained funds, both at trial and in ADR.
Jonathan also advises lender clients in relation to more common issues such as borrower complaints, as well as in situations of mistaken payments, or where title is a concern. He has experience of working in-house in the legal departments of major financial institutions.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £80+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.