Ian is a specialist Employment and Regulatory practitioner with more than twenty years of experience of practice at the Bar. He acts for both Claimants and Respondents in all types of employment work. His employment work has a particular focus on unfair dismissal and discrimination claims. He is recognised by many duty holders and public sector bodies, including the Health & Safety Executive, as having particular expertise and experience in advising and representing parties to appeals against Prohibition and Improvement Notices. This work takes him to all regions of Great Britain.
Over the past few years Ian has developed his business immigration work by delivering seminars concentrating in particular on the Points Based System of entry routes, Routes outside the PBS and the Right to work and prevention of illegal working.
In 2016 Ian Wright was listed in the Legal 500 for his health and safety work with the observation that ‘His intuition on strategic and evidential issues is unnervingly accurate’, and in 2017 that he is ‘an informed strategist and tenacious advocate with a personable court manner’.
In 2012 he was appointed to List A of the new List of Specialist Regulatory Advocates in Health & Safety and Environmental Law.
- Available nowThe UK's future immigration systemBrexit|Hot TopicsOur immigration specialists from Five Paper return to discuss the UK's future immigration system, covering topics which include:Overview of current system for work and business ...
- Available nowAn update on the movement of EU Nationals into the UK pre and post 29th March 2019Brexit|Hot TopicsOur immigration experts from Five Paper return to give an update on the Movement of EU Nationals in the UK post Brexit. The webinar is ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.