Charles Russell Speechlys
Hugh specialises in handling tax disputes and investigations for a wide range of clients, from internationally mobile high net worth clients and other private individuals, family businesses and trustees, through to entrepreneurs and corporates, both small and large. These cover the full range of UK taxes, both direct and indirect; including income tax, CGT, inheritance tax, SDLT, corporation tax and VAT. Hugh also provides preventative advice, assessing tax risk in relation to existing or proposed arrangements and giving guidance on mitigating it.
A significant element of Hugh’s practice involves remedying unsuccessful planning (often involving complex trust arrangements) and handling tax-related professional negligence disputes and other trust and commercial disputes with a tax angle.
Hugh is a Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings). Prior to joining Charles Russell Speechlys, he spent over six years in the tax department of a magic circle law firm and a year as a pupil barrister in a leading set of tax chambers.
Hugh is admitted to practise in England and Wales.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.