DWF Law LLP
Ed is a Director in the Major Injury team in Manchester. He handles claims of the utmost severity on behalf of some of the largest insurers in the UK, many of which have reserves well in excess of £1 million. Ed has experience in brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, chronic pain, complex orthopaedic and fatal accident claims. Over recent years, he has developed a particular specialism in liability disputed pedestrian road traffic accidents, often resulting in severe brain injury.
The vast majority of Ed's claims arise out of road traffic accidents, however he also has experience of handling high value EL and PL claims. He is often asked to advise on complex indemnity issues.
Ed has an excellent understanding of medical issues, having spent 12 months on secondment at an NHS Trust earlier in his career, and often represented the Trust and its doctors at inquest.
Ed enjoys delivering training to insurer clients on a wide variety of topics. He was asked by Lexis Nexis to deliver a webinar on pedestrian road traffic accidents in 2020. Ed runs regular case clinics.
Outside of work, Ed has two small children to keep him on his toes. He enjoys watching (and occasionally playing these days…) football, cricket and tennis.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £105+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.