Dr Nigel Spencer
Senior Client Director, Custom Executive Education
Saïd Business School
Nigel joined Saïd Business School in 2017 and works with a range of clients on leadership development and coaching-related programmes. Before joining, Nigel’s background bridged academia and the City. In academia Nigel led inter-disciplinary research projects in Europe and Asia as an Oxford Senior Research Fellow, examining group dynamics, hierarchy, power, agency and cultural change. Since 1997, he then worked in Professional Services Firms, initially in a client-facing role at PricewaterhouseCoopers and, for the last 13 years, in talent development roles at two global law firms.
In these law firms Nigel was Global Director of Learning and Development, responsible for designing and implementing talent development strategies. Nigel also continued his work with academia (law faculties and business schools) developing innovative workplace learning degrees and executive programmes for global clients, often embedding coaching into them. An accredited executive coach, Nigel’s expertise is in leadership development. Nigel has also led organisational development initiatives as law firms respond to the disruption in their industry, including the creation of the first ‘Innovation Hub’ in a global law firm as a client-facing collaboration space, helping the firm to evolve its future service delivery and working with the legal tech community to drive this initiative.
More broadly, Nigel co-chaired the UK’s national body of Legal Education professionals (the Legal Education Training Group) for a number of years, working with international business schools to conduct research into coaching, leadership development and strategy. Nigel also held Board roles at International Higher Education Research Institutes and at the ACCA, and is a Visiting (Industry) Professor at the School of Law, Queen Mary University of London. At Oxford Nigel is a member of Saïd Business School's Coaching Community and coaches on the MBA and executive development programmes.
- Available nowDeveloping competencies for future organisational goals (2019)Learning and DevelopmentWhat is the skill-set which we need to develop in future lawyers to deliver on an organisation’s strategy?How can we best equip lawyers with those ...
- Available nowNew partner mentoringLearning and DevelopmentMany lawyers can find the step up from associate to partner very daunting, not least of all due to the expectation to start bringing in ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.