Claire Cross is a senior lawyer, specialising in all areas of white collar fraud. Claire joined Corker Binning as Of Counsel in November 2016. Prior to this she acted as a Senior Lawyer at the Financial Conduct Authority in the Enforcement Division, advising and prosecuting the full spectrum of enforcement action. Claire is recommended by The Legal 500 2019 in the following practice areas: Financial Services, Fraud: White-collar, Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime, and Professional Discipline.
Claire has expertise in all areas of white collar crime, with considerable and proven experience in complex FCA criminal and regulatory investigations, money laundering, fraud and cartel cases.
Her prior experience at the FCA and CMA has given her an invaluable insight into the investigation and decision making procedures and policies employed by regulatory and prosecutorial authorities in both the UK and US, which she effectively deploys to her clients advantage.
She has advised individuals in proceedings involving insider dealing, misleading statements and impressions, market abuse, conspiracy to defraud, bribery, and breaches of various regulatory regimes such as the SCMR, APER Principles for individuals, MAR and Money Laundering Regulations.
She also has extensive experience in international legal matters including multi-jurisdictional investigations, foreign regulatory and criminal cases, obtaining evidence from abroad, mutual legal assistance and Letters Rogatory.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.