Alastair (Al) Shaw has 20 years' experience litigating trademark, copyright, design, and trade secrets cases. He is counsel in the firm's London office and a member of the firm's global, award-winning Intellectual Property, Media & Technology (IPMT) practice. Al's caseload often has an international element, including cross-border jurisdictional challenges and the co-ordination of parallel proceedings in multiple jurisdictions. He also has the rare experience of executing of search orders to secure evidence. Al's practice ranges across international rights owners' anti-counterfeiting strategies, civil and criminal enforcement in the UK, to matters in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
After an undergraduate degree in Oceanography at Southampton University, Al trained with the firm and holds a diploma in IP law from the University of Bristol. As a solicitor-advocate, Al has higher rights of audience at all levels of the English civil court system. He also represents injured British service personnel, pro bono, in compensation appeal hearings, on behalf of The Royal British Legion, recently helping a client to achieve the near £600,000 maximum statutory compensation available from the British Government.
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £80+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.