Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020)
There are a huge number of copyright issues pertaining to linking on the web, and our IP specialists discuss the most significant of them in this webinar, covering topics including:
- Are different types of linking treated differently?
- Communication to the public right.
- In what circumstances can there be an infringement?
This webinar was originally due to have been broadcast live on 27 October. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is now being recorded. Anyone who has registered for the live broadcast will be emailed a link to enable them to view it on demand.
Viewing this webinar will help solicitors to meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of solicitor competence:
- A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge.
- A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding.
For further details on the Statement of solicitor competence, visit the SRA website.
To purchase our complete webinar portfolio, visit the LexisNexis store.
Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020) - 2 slides per page (pdf)
Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020) - 3 slides per page (pdf)
Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020) - Podcast (mp3)
Training and Evaluation Record (PDF)
2021 Q1 Law Webinars Brochure (pdf)
Nederlands Uitgeversverbond v. Tom Kabinet Internet BV (PDF)
STIM and SAMI v. Fleetmanager and NB (PDF)
BY v CX (PDF)
VG Bild-Kunst v Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz (PDF)
Wheat v Google LLC  2 All ER 153 (PDF)
Frank Peterson v Google LLC (PDF)
Stichting Brein v News-Service Europe (PDF)
RTI v Yahoo! (PDF)
Constantin Film v YouTube (PDF)
Mircom v Telenet (PDF)
- Available now(Brief) The Copyright Directive (2020)Intellectual Property|TMTIn this Webinar Brief, our corporate specialists discuss what the future might hold for the UK following the decision not to implement the Copyright Directive. ...
- Available nowRecent developments in residential landlord and tenant law (2019)Residential PropertyOur residential property experts provide an overview of key developments in landlord and tenant law over the past year, and consider what we can expect ...
- Available nowCopyright in 2019Intellectual PropertyOur copyright specialists provide an overview of the main changes in the law in this area of IP in the past twelve months.A full agenda ...
- Available nowRecent developments in financial procedure (2019)FamilyTopics discussed will include:What are marital and what are non-marital assets; categorisation of assetsspousal maintenance; term orders, variation and quantumcontribution and needsenforcement of financial orders ...
- Available nowRecent developments in commercial contracts (2020)Bar Council offer|Free Live Webinars|Commercial LawContracts are the cornerstone of a great deal of commercial work, but it can often be difficult to stay abreast of changes to key principles ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.