Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020)
There are a huge number of copyright issues pertaining to linking on the web, and our IP specialists discuss the most significant of them in this webinar, covering topics including:
- Are different types of linking treated differently?
- Communication to the public right.
- In what circumstances can there be an infringement?
This webinar was originally due to have been broadcast live on 27 October. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is now being recorded. Anyone who has registered for the live broadcast will be emailed a link to enable them to view it on demand.
Viewing this webinar will help solicitors to meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of solicitor competence:
- A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge.
- A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding.
For further details on the Statement of solicitor competence, visit the SRA website.
To purchase our complete webinar portfolio, visit the LexisNexis store.
Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020) - 2 slides per page (pdf)
Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020) - 3 slides per page (pdf)
Recent developments in online copyright infringement (2020) - Podcast (mp3)
Training and Evaluation Record (PDF)
2021 Q1 Law Webinars Brochure (pdf)
Nederlands Uitgeversverbond v. Tom Kabinet Internet BV (PDF)
STIM and SAMI v. Fleetmanager and NB (PDF)
BY v CX (PDF)
VG Bild-Kunst v Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz (PDF)
Wheat v Google LLC  2 All ER 153 (PDF)
Frank Peterson v Google LLC (PDF)
Stichting Brein v News-Service Europe (PDF)
RTI v Yahoo! (PDF)
Constantin Film v YouTube (PDF)
Mircom v Telenet (PDF)
- Available nowCopyright in 2021Intellectual PropertyIn this webinar our IP specialists discuss the key copyright events in the EU and UK in 2021, and look forward to some significant policy ...
- Available now(Brief) The Copyright Directive (2020)Intellectual Property|TMTIn this Webinar Brief, our corporate specialists discuss what the future might hold for the UK following the decision not to implement the Copyright Directive. ...
- Available nowCopyright in 2019Intellectual PropertyOur copyright specialists provide an overview of the main changes in the law in this area of IP in the past twelve months.A full agenda ...
- Available nowRecent developments in commercial contracts (2020)Bar Council offer|Free Live Webinars|Commercial LawContracts are the cornerstone of a great deal of commercial work, but it can often be difficult to stay abreast of changes to key principles ...
- Available nowObtaining best evidence in collision reconstruction: collision data recordersObtaining best evidence in collision reconstruction|Personal InjuryModern day vehicles retain more and more information. There are a number of computer units within a vehicle (either as part of a vehicle function ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.