The latest residential property cases (2020)
This webinar provides an overview of key residential property cases during 2020, with topics including:
- Section 21 Notices and gas certificates:
- Trecarrell House v Bouncefield (2020) EWCA Civ 760
- Section 8 Notices and typographical errorZ:
- Pease v Carter (2020) L&T 18
- Service of Notice after death:
- Gateway Housing Association v (1) The Personal Representatives of Mohammed Nuruj Ali and (2) Delara Begum  EWCA Civ 1339
- Enforcement of Covenants:
- Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent Limited (2020) AC 845
- Marchitelli v 15 Westgate Terrace Limited (2020) UKUT 192 (LC)
- Waiver of the right to forfeit:
- Brar v Thirunavukkrasu (2020) L&TR 3
- Fearne v The Board of Trustees of The Tate Gallery  EWCA Civ 104
Please note there is no quiz associated with this webinar.
This webinar was originally due to have been broadcast live on 7 July. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is now being recorded. Anyone who has registered for the live broadcast will be emailed a link to enable them to view it on demand.
Viewing this webinar will help solicitors to meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of solicitor competence:
- A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge.
- A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding.
For further details on the Statement of solicitor competence, visit the SRA website.
To purchase our complete webinar portfolio, visit the LexisNexis store.
- Available nowCommercial Property Law - End of year round-up 2019Commercial PropertyOur annual round-up webinar looks at the most significant developments in commercial property throughout 2019, and considers what might be on the horizon in 2020.A ...
- Available nowThe latest residential property cases (2021)Residential PropertyOur subject specialists provide an overview of a selection of the most significant residential property development cases over the past year, discussing the following judgments:89 ...
- Available nowRecent developments in residential landlord and tenant law (2019)Residential PropertyOur residential property experts provide an overview of key developments in landlord and tenant law over the past year, and consider what we can expect ...
- Available now(Brief) The latest residential property cases (2021) - update on 89 Holland ParkWebinar Briefs|Hot Topics|Residential PropertyFollowing the recording of our webinar on The latest residential property cases (2021) on 26 April 2021, a further judgment was handed down by the ...
- Available nowPlanning issues for residential property lawyers (2020)Residential PropertyOur property specialists explore contemporary planning issues faced by residential property lawyers in this webinar, discussing topics including:How is the residential use authorised?Heritage aspectsOther key ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £99+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to two years after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.