Senior Partner and Head of Group Action
Edwin Coe LLP
David was articled with Edwin Coe and qualified in 1980, becoming a partner in 1984. He was appointed Senior Partner of the Firm in April 2011. David specialises in commercial litigation including competition claims and claims on behalf of shareholders.
He has developed a strong following in contentious competition work being involved in cases in front of the Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT), High Court and Competition Commission. He has for many years advised sovereign states on disputes in international tribunals and particularly specialises in work involving governments in sub-Saharan Africa.
David was appointed by the Lord Chancellor to the Civil Procedure Rules Committee in 1997. He was then appointed in 2002 as a member of the Civil Justice Council. He is the author of "Civil Procedure Rules", an associate editor of "Civil Practice Manual", on the editorial board of Butterworths' "The Civil Court Practice" ("the Green Book"), consultant editor of New Law Journal and the author of two titles for Atkins Court Forms.
- Available nowBrexit for litigatorsNew Law Journal|BrexitAs the UK moves ever closer to triggering Article 50 - formally notifying the EU of its intention to withdraw and setting the clock running ...
- Available nowArticle 50 appeal: The Supreme Court judgmentBrexitOn 24 January, the Supreme Court ruled against the government and decided that Parliament must give its approval before Article 50 can be triggered and ...
- Available nowImplications of Brexit for the UK legal systemBrexitThe UK has voted to leave the European Union, meaning that in the coming years we are likely to see many changes in the law. ...
Subscribe to our webinars
LexisNexis® Webinars are available on subscription or for individual purchase. An individual purchase delivers one hour of training for just £70+VAT, a subscription delivers this considerably more cost-effectively.
Buy now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Interactive and engaging – full audio-visual.
- Watch the archived webinar, anytime you like, for up to one year after the broadcast date.
- Available on your desktop, laptop, tablet computer or mobile.
- Cost-effective – no membership fees, great discounts for group bookings, and minimal impact on your billable time.
- Authoritative – the latest developments, delivered by leading experts.
- Trustworthy – supported by Lexis®Library – download case reports, transcripts and speaker slides.